Monday, December 31, 2012

what do i do now?

I suppose it's the time of year when I look forward to the next and come up with a list of goals.  I was never very big on that whole goal thing until last year when I set a few for myself:

  • The new and crazy goal that could take some work? Running Crazylegs.  Done
  • Taking care of something that's been on my to-do list for a very long time? Goal accomplished.  Done
  • The little trip somewhere?  That one didn't pan out as I had hoped.  I was aiming for a few nights in New York...I got one night in Chicago.  Not Done
  • Seeing my friends more often?  I couldn't really tell ya.  It never seems like it's enough. ??? 
  • Laughing with my son as much as possible?  Well, he hasn't turned angsty yet, so I still have time.  I have been sure to get as much time in with him as I can though - whether he likes it or not.  Done
  • Dancing more often?  Hell yeah!  Done
I'm having a problem coming up with anything for this year.  I don't set weight loss goals or come up with resolutions like "I'm going to lose 10 pounds" because that's not me.  Resolutions are made to be broken.  I like plausible ideas that are somewhat challenging.  Ideas that push me, make me get out of my comfort zone, help me grow and be a better person.  Things that make me more...me.

I'm just at a loss.  Maybe I don't need any changes or growth this year. 
(Hahahahahahaha!)


1 comment:

  1. Happy new year, and hey, new year's resolutions are nice but not a necessity. I'm definitely not saying this to promote my blog, but if you really do feel like planning something, or something new for 2013, have a look at today's (erm, yesterday's) post on Pouffia. It has some nice things listed, if I say so myself. Like a Happiness Jar or a One Line a Day Journal. If that's the kind of thing you like. :) If not, that's okay too! Hope you had a good transition!

    ReplyDelete