I know you've all been waiting for my opinion on the big discussion going on in the area today:
Clay Matthews' new sack celebration.
When we saw it live, my husband and I both cocked our heads to the side like confused puppies and said in unison What the hell was that? Apparently my dear Mr. Matthews was watching Magic Mike and taking notes during his five weeks off.
This might come as a surprise to many of you, but I can't say I'm a fan of it. Maaaaybe if they had shown more than from the torso up it would have been a little more interesting, but that view just made it look like he was really getting into showering himself. Can't say that does anything for me. We missed out on the most important element and even then...nah.
I doubt he'll be doing that dance again anyway as he probably got quite a few jabs from his teammates for it and I'm sure the Packers inbox is full of emails from outraged mommies saying things like, "My 4-year-old daughter just loves you and I had to cover her eyes when you grinded your pelvis like that. You should be ashamed of yourself." You know - kind of like the whole Elvis hullaballoo.
Anyway, there's my two cents about that. As-is - no, though I'd be willing to give it another chance if we could see the whole package. No pun intended.
No comments:
Post a Comment