Wednesday, January 9, 2013

an observation on women's hosiery

A Female Office Worker's Prayer:

Dear Lord, please don't let the cute guy in Cubicle 2A choose today to fall in love with me and take me in the supply closet to have his way with me. I'm wearing knee-highs.


Is it just me, or are these some of the ugliest things ever created for the females of the species to wear?  Now I'm not talking about the cute patterned ones that go with frilly little skirts, I mean the regular old flesh-colored half-stockings that we wear to work,

Sure, they look just fine under a pair of pants, (I refuse to use the term slacks - I'm not 60), but if you make the mistake of taking those pants off before you take off the hose, you're in for a scary sight.  The elastic cuff at the top of the stocking is tight so that it doesn't fall down, which is a good thing, but if you have any body fat (unlike the above mannequin legs or your typical knee-high models) this creates something more like a tourniquet and therefore a bit of a muffin-top and muffin-bottom around said cuff which also helps to accentuate the knobby knee directly above it.. 

Of course, if you do take off the knee highs before the slacks, you're still left with an indentation going around your leg just below your knee that will last for at least 6 hours.  You really have to plan ahead when you wear these things.  No skirts, shorts, hot dates, etc. for the rest of the day. Ick.

That's all.  Just an observation.  Carry on with your day. 

3 comments:

  1. My grandmother used to wear them.

    Now I wear them.

    :/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Try wearing the damn circulation stockings for 3 weeks. thought I was gonna die. I had to wear them after my vein surgery in the month of June to July. NEVER AGAIN!!!!!

    ReplyDelete