Thursday, December 6, 2012

gotta let it out

Ugh!  This little community has been through so much lately.  We've lost so many people in a very short amount of time and it makes this dark cloud of sorrow hover over everyone.  It doesn't always rain, but it certainly isn't letting much sun seep through.  There have been so many times when I've had a line from Bram Stoker's Dracula run through my head: "Take me away from all this death."  I'm not immediately affected by the losses, but my friends are and seeing them hurt that much makes me hurt.  My ability to push away the sadness from that and stresses from other things weakened earlier in the week and I broke down.  I mean, I was a blubbering mess for half an hour.  My poor husband...

Had I let myself cry a little bit here and there when I felt like it, maybe I wouldn't have gone on that long.  (Another one of life's lessons that I never heed.)  I should have listened to these songs to get me going.  Maybe they can help you let it out sometime in the future when you need it.

Madonna: Promise to Try


Peter Gabriel: Washing of the Water


John Denver & The Muppets: Where the River Meets the Sea

No comments:

Post a Comment