Thursday, January 5, 2012

let's play a game this year

Hello 2012!   I embrace you with open arms!

Oh, wait...the end of the world is supposed to happen at the end of the year.  Dang, I guess I should be paranoid and scared and start coming to terms with my mortality. 

Damn you Mayans for deciding to end a calendar at some point instead of going on infinitely.
Nah.

Well, hold on a minute.  You know that game people always play, "What would you do if you knew you had less than a year to live?"  Maybe we should all play that game.  And maybe we should actually do those things - you know...just in case.  Well, as long as they don't involve spending all of your money or harming anyone else.  I mean, if the world goes on to December 22nd and you're out of money and you've done something really stupid, there are no Groundhog Day-esque resets.  You're screwed.

But if you've accomplished a whole bunch of goals you thought were unattainable or did those things on your bucket list that you never imagined you'd ever get around to doing, how awesome would that be?  Go on - Tell people what you've been wanting to tell them for a long time, figure out some way to get to that city you've always wanted to get to, laugh more, spend more time with your friends, go skydiving, learn another language, take pole dancing lessons, have a whole ton of (safe) sex, take a little money (or a lot) and donate it to a good cause, hug people more often, volunteer at the local animal shelter, try new foods.  And above all, enjoy every minute of it! 

I made a couple of goals for myself.  One's completely new and crazy and will take some work, but I know I can do it.  Another is taking care of something that's been on my list of things to do for far too long.  Maybe I'll even take a little trip somewhere.  I'm also planning on seeing my friends more often, laughing with my son as much as possible now before he gets all teen angsty and emo, and dancing more often - even if it's in my kitchen or living room. 

I'll be able to look back on 2012 as a great life-changing year and try to top it in 2013.  And in the off chance that the world does somehow go POOF on December 21st, at least I'll die happy.



Please forgive me for posting a Britney Spears video. It just seemed to fit.
Also forgive me if this song gets stuck in your head the same way it's gotten stuck in mine...again.

No comments:

Post a Comment