So with tomorrow's pending apocalypse, (how many of these have we had lately?), many people are posing the question If you knew the world was going to end tomorrow, what would you do?
I seem to have split personalities when it comes to answering this question.
My loving wife, mother, friend and all-around good person side, you know, the side with the halo, would spend the entire day with my family. We'd hug and cuddle and cry and try to laugh and be happy. I'd call all of my friends and leave messages on their voice mail telling them thanks for everything and that I love them. (Why messages? Well first off, they rarely answer their phones and secondly they'll probably be so busy getting phone calls from other people that voice mail will be my only option.) I'd play with our dogs, cook our favorite meals, spend a little time outside in the fresh air, go back in to be with my family again and prepare for the disaster that is looming when the sun comes up the next day...or whatever time it's all supposed to go down.
Now, the side with the horns, that naughty, selfish brat of a side that seems to forget that I am a responsible adult and have a wonderful family that I love dearly, would not just sit around like any other boring day in my safe life. Noooo. I would go out to a day filled with debauchery. I'd do all of the things I never did in this life - lots of sex with complete strangers, motorcycle rides, parachute jumps, more sex...maybe while jumping out of a plane, booze, drugs (just a little), and all around hedonism. Yeah baby! I'm going out with a smile on my face. Woooo hoo!
Now of course, the horny side would never win out. Nope. I'm all about the fam. I'd just have this little devil on my shoulder prodding me with his tiny pitchfork saying, "Hey! Psssst! You wanna go be naughty?" until the angel on my other shoulder would go over and kick his ass. That's just how I roll...
No comments:
Post a Comment