Tuesday, November 29, 2011

how i can tell i'm not ready for the christmas season

Every month I decorate a bulletin board in our office and give it a theme of some sort. The first year I did this, I made it simple: October = Halloween, July = 4th of July, but now I'm trying to make things less obvious, for instance November was Native American Heritage month, so I went with vintage Native American photos.  October was just after the release of Shel Silverstein's new book, so I used his artwork.  This month I was at a loss.  Of course I'm going to go with a holiday theme, but what spin could I put on it? 

Some things that went through my mind: Ugly sweaters, tacky lawn ornaments, hideous tree decorations, overly-lit houses.  Nothing was very festive or heartwarming.  I must not be feeling the warmth and love of the season yet.  So, I decided to force myself into extreme heartwarming mode.  Heartwarming to the point of vulgarity...

Pictures of cute animals in Santa hats!




So cute you could just vomit, right?!




Even festive fish and insects!









I'm not sure I'll even be able to look at the board this month for fear of losing the little lunch that I ate.

Ho! Ho! Ho!

No comments:

Post a Comment