"Zsa Zsa Gabor Rushed To Hospital"
Ummm...she's old. Very old. Isn't she in her nineties? And why are you popping up on my breaking news feed?
Yes, I made the mistake of putting entertainment news headlines on my internet home page, but that's because I like reading about movies and music...not celebrities. There should be a difference.
I don't care if Susan Sarandon made a comment about Nazis. I don't care if Lindsay Lohan is going to jail, drinking again, or posing for Playboy. I didn't follow the trial of Michael Jackson's doctor, I don't keep up with the Kardashians, and I really don't care what Donald Trump has to say about anything.
What is the fascination that the world has with celebrities' lives? Why does it matter who they marry or date or go to a party with and why should anything they say about anything other than their own area of expertise have any bearing on our day-to-day lives? I just don't get it!
Even if you're like me and don't watch E! or Bravo to know what's going on with these people 24/7, all you have to do is go to any supermarket checkout counter and you're bombarded with headlines about cheating spouses, tv stars' weight loss tricks, the latest celeb baby. Ugh! (I miss the days of the Weekly World News and Bat Boy. At least that was entertaining.)
I guess I'll have to remove the entertainment headlines from my homepage and just get my movie/tv/music news somewhere else. Well, for that matter I need a place where I can find news in general that isn't full on sensationalism , celebrity and spin. Any suggestions?
No comments:
Post a Comment