Anyhooters, I'm a firm believer that nobody should have to work on his or her birthday. It's a personal holiday. Think about all of the birthdays that are national holidays - well, don't you think yours is a little more important in your own little world? What do you do on President's Day...really? Have your day to do whatever the hell you want to do. Sleep in, eat crap, go places, stay home in your pajamas. It's all about you!
So, I took the day off, got my kid off to school, meditated for an extra-long time, had a very tasty breakfast courtesy of the hubby, then drove to the place I only get to once a year...
Long John Silver's!!!
My birthday is the only excuse I can think of for the amount of grease ingested in just one plate of food.
| Arrrrgh, matey! Greasy goodness. |
| Buried treasure |
Tiny little particles of fried batter that, when eaten, drop right to the bottom of your gut and somehow expand to the point where it feels like 20 pounds of lead is sitting there...for hours. It's like tasty, torturous magic!
After savoring the fish, inhaling the crispies and eating only half of the fries, I decided my body just couldn't take any more, and I went back home. I spent most of the rest of the day relaxing, hanging out with family and eating an amazing dinner prepared, once again, by the glorious hubby. Other than occasionally getting bummed out that I had to go back to work on Tuesday, it was a great day.
My thoughts on the year ahead? Well, much will be the same, but the good stuff will only get better. I'm not feeling like I'm in my late-mid thirties, more like my mid-early thirties and I intend on acting like I'm in my late-mid twenties instead.
Got that?
No comments:
Post a Comment