Monday, January 30, 2012

spaghetti arms

We have a Wii.  I forget this.  Well, maybe that's the wrong way to put it.  The Wii is our way of streaming Netflix right to our TV, so it's kind of like another movie player.  I should say I forget that we have Wii games.  Fun ones that make you move.

Saturday night I had this incredible urge to start Wii boxing.  I have no idea why.  I had no aggressions to take out, nobody that I felt like beating up, I just had to box.  So I did.  And I kicked some major Mii butt.  I also threw in a little tennis and bowling.  All in all, I played for about 45 minutes...then went back to doing nothing.

Sunday morning, I woke to find a little over an inch of fresh snow on the ground which prevented me from going on the run I had been planning on taking.  Then I remembered the Wii again and EA Active2.  It's a great exercise program that I use when I remember we have it.  I decided that my legs are doing pretty well, but I need more upper body and core work, so I set it up and did a half-hour workout.  Lots of strength training, lots of arm work.  Felt good!

This morning....not good.  My arms are now dead.  Lifting them to wash my hair was painful.  Straightening them out sends a wave of pain through my body.  They just kind of hang to my sides like two limp noodles.  Heaven forbid I have to lift anything that weighs over 3 pounds.  I'll be crying like the little wuss that I apparently am.  Waaahhh!

Of course, that won't stop me from doing it to myself again tomorrow. 

I must be some sort of masochist.

No comments:

Post a Comment