Monday, January 16, 2012

very disappointed!!!

Ugh!  My men disappointed me yesterday.  I had such high hopes for the day -I was going to watch the Packers in the playoffs, the Golden Globe Awards were on and I was sure to see a few of my favorites.  And I did.  And things didn't turn out quite the way I had hoped...with either event.

First the Packer game.  Frankly, it was ugly.  Offense, defense, special teams...ugly.  Don't get me wrong - they still had a great season, it was just a bad time to have a bad game.  They had 2-3 people on Clay Matthews for the whole game so he wasn't able to really do anything.  Except for get hurt.  Well, for a minute anyway.  When he came limping off of the field, my husband looked at me and said, "See, he's not a god after all."  I reminded him that I never claimed he was a god...just a demi-god.  All he'd have to do is walk it off and then he'd be all better...and sure enough, that's what happened.  But, still....no win.

Disappointment #1

Okay.  Moving on...  The Golden Globes were bound to cheer me up.  My favorite actors from tv and movies drinking, cavorting, being made fun on by Ricky Gervais.  Not nearly as stuffy as the Oscars and there's usually a good looking guy or two for me to drool over.  So the awards start, Ricky is mildly funny, and then he introduces none other than Johnny Depp.  Hooray!  I could swoon!  

Disappointment #2
Or not.  Um...  I don't see a single appealing thing about the man in this picture.  Sure, he's still unique and bad-ish, but the uber-tan and the mumbling weren't positives.  I kept looking at him like, "Now, why did I find him attractive?"  I think it's time for me to say goodbye to Mr. Depp.  (Until I find another good picture, I'm sure)

Ugh, okay.  But who is this that appears now?  Why, it's Robert Downey Jr.  Looking all dapper.  He'll have something witty to say, make some great smarmy joke.  Thank goodness!

Disappointment #3

Or not.  Snooze....

Thank goodness the one and only man who really matters to me was still there.  Being awesome.  And cute.  (Yay, hubby!) 'Cause the male population who I don't know on any sort of personal basis whatsoever were very disappointing.

No comments:

Post a Comment