Tuesday, October 25, 2011

the man i love

I know I post quite a bit about men who make me occasionally swoon, but there's only one man who I truly love.  The hubster and I will be celebrating our 15th wedding anniversary tomorrow and I thought I'd take a moment to sing his praises.  Since I'll hopefully be far too indisposed tomorrow (wink wink, nudge nudge) to even touch my computer, I'll sing away today.

We've been together for almost 20 years now and still have no idea why we work so well together.  We're so very different, yet we can finish each other's sentences and laugh at the same non-existent  joke that we thought up at the same time.

He's a cave-dweller, night owl, loud music blaring, karaoke-singing, snoozing in the recliner, neat freak, sci-fi watching, left-brained, technology-loving, easily irritable, sometimes verging on asshole-ish man, but I love him.  I guess my outdoorsy, morning person, classical and jazz loving, choral-singing, never-taking-a-nap, probably too-laid-back, right-brained, drama watching, history-loving, sometimes bitchy self balances things out. 

And the thing is, even though we're so different, he's always encouraging me to do the things I love.  Telling me to get my butt outside when he can tell I'm getting antsy and staring out the windows like a little puppy who wants to go out and play.  He buys me art supplies to help me keep my creative side going.  If there's someplace I want to go, he tries his best to make it work so that I just might be able to go after all.

And to top it all off - he doesn't mind the fact that I post things about other men who make me swoon.  He knows he's the only man I love.

To my wonderful husband (who occasionally reads my little blog), I love you dearly.  Here's to another 15 years (hopefully more, as long as we stay healthy) of blissful insanity together.

No comments:

Post a Comment