Just a couple...minor... issues with this fantasy though.
1) I'm not good at growing anything. Anything I've ever tried, even a simple DIY herb garden, has never fully matured before they wilted and died. I think the closest my husband's ever come to farming has been FarmVille. It's hard to have your facebook friends help you out when you're without facebook...or a computer...or electricity.
2) We don't hunt. Nope, don't like killing animals. Oh, we can fish. We're good at fishing. We have a problem (again) with killing the fish though. That's why the few times when we do go fishing, we catch and release. Back into the waters with you, little fishy...I hope you don't find that hole in your lip too annoying.
3) I've never really roughed it. To me, camping is a few days in a northwoods cabin complete with indoor plumbing, kitchen facilities, and a somewhat uncomfortable bed. I have slept in tents, but only in neighbors' backyards as a child. I really have no desire to sleep in a tent again. They're uncomfortable and frankly I get a bit claustrophobic in them. I don't want to dig holes in order for me to poo. Ick. I don't even know if my body would let itself do that in a squatting position. I could probably cook over fire, but what I'd eat (see points 1 & 2) I have no idea.
4) My sewing skills are far from what one would call "good." I can re-attach any button that's fallen off. I can hand-stitch a seam that's come undone, but that's it. I just don't have the patience. Or the ability to sew straight. Could make for some really funky clothes. Remember that shirt that Denise made for Theo in The Cosby Show?
Uh huh...like that.
So, I guess we're just going to have to remain slaves to "the man" and capitalist society and make due with the little that we make, shop at and eat crap from Wal-Mart and go on about our merry way.

No comments:
Post a Comment