Sometimes I wish I could say something that was so wise that my friends would thank me. I find myself thanking them much more often. I just can't express myself the way I used to. I was a poet, an artist, a singer, and without keeping up with it all, I've lost it.
With this blog, I've tried bringing some of it back. Tried expressing myself in a different way, but I tend to fall short of what I've really wanted to do with it. I've tried digging out my sketch pad every now and then, but I have no ideas of what to do with it and those few times I do get ideas, the result is nowhere near what I envisioned. Disappointed in myself, the book and pencils go back into the closet. My writing skills come and go. I do write things every now and again that I look at and smile at, and the rest of the time I write 4 or 5 lines and never finish it. Singing? I'm a great car singer. That's about the extent of it these days.
I'm trying to figure out what to do to get that part of myself back...the artsy, creative me. If I really work at it maybe I'll get there, but is creativity something you're really able to work at? Isn't it just either there or not? And if I had it once...where did it go? Did I give it all to my son when he was born? I'm thankful he has it, but I'd like to have a little bit of it back.
I know I'm not the only one who has felt this way. I just am kind of stuck and don't know what else I can try. Any suggestions?
No comments:
Post a Comment