Monday, November 22, 2010

lightweight

I had two alcoholic beverages last night...only TWO...and I woke up in the middle of the night with cottonmouth, sweating like a fat man at a Vegas buffet.  I used to be able to have three of those things much later on in the day and not feel a thing later on.  WTF, man?  Is it the fact that I'm not eating as many carbs to soak it all up, is it the weight loss?  I know - it's because I'm getting old, isn't it?  I guess it's not such a bad thing though - it helps to conserve money.

Don't get me wrong, we're not sitting around drinking every night, but I do have one beverage an evening as part of my after-work routine.  It helps me unwind and get over the day.  I guess I just can't have any more than the one drink anymore unless I feel like paying for it that night.

To this I say, "Boo!"

No comments:

Post a Comment