Tuesday, November 16, 2010

bad dreams

Last night (or this morning), I had an odd dream again, but this wasn't the kind that made me laugh when I woke up.  Though, some of it should have.  I don't remember much of it at this point, but I do know that it put me in a very melancholy mood that I just can't seem to shake today.

The dream was set at my supposed class reunion held at some odd bar that doesn't exist.  The people who I really wanted to see didn't show up.  Most of the people who did end up attending were the ones who were vain, self-centered and made fun of people.  Apparently they hadn't grown up because they acted exactly the same way all these years later.  Now, I'm sure in real life they've matured like the rest of us and have seen the error of their ways (or I hope so anyway), but in this dream it was like they picked up right where they left off.  I guess it caught me off guard or something, because it really affected me.  I was able to give quick comebacks and a few striking one-liners, but inside it still hurt.

Now, these days rumors don't bother me - they amuse me.  If people speak ill of me, it just makes me feel bad about them because it's the only way they can feel better about themselves.  I'm in a good place - great family, stable job (even though I don't like it), getting healthier and healthier, etc.  I don't have the low self esteem like I used to.  That's why I was so surprised after waking up to find that this stupid dream made me so depressed.  I'm trying to shake it off, but it just isn't working.  I need a good laugh with some friends or something.  Sitting here at my desk certainly isn't doing anything for me.

Ah well, I know I'll come out of it unscathed by tomorrow morning.  Maybe I'll have a dream tonight that sets everything right again.

No comments:

Post a Comment