Tuesday, November 23, 2010

...and i feel fine (addendum)

You might remember a while ago when I wrote this post and mentioned that "if the Holy See started giving all of its money away to third world nations to promote the use of condoms, I might just take that as a sure sign" of the world ending.  Well campers, start hoarding canned goods, ammo and drinking water - The Pope has announced that in "some cases" condom use is justified as a means of stopping the spread of HIV.

Wha?  Of course, "'The intention is very important here because it is to safeguard one from viruses such as the pandemic,' and not to sanction birth control."  So, he gave the example of male prostitutes engaging in homosexual sex since there's no chance of pregnancy anyway.  Oookay...so, if you're gonna "sin" by being a homosexual at least don't kill other people while doing it?  Well, that's thoughtful.  Today it was released that he also sanctions use by infected women as well (whoa!) because it is the "lesser evil" to stop a pregnancy by a thin little layer of latex than to knowingly infect a sexual partner.  Allrighty!  I can't wait to hear the church debate what is acceptable usage and what's not, but at least it's a step in the right direction.

Anyone know of any stores running sales on cases of Dinty Moore?  Could they throw in a free shopping cart - I think I'm gonna need it.


No comments:

Post a Comment