Monday, December 12, 2011

coldfinger

For some reason I just cannot get warm.  I haven't been able to stay warm since the temps went below 50 degrees around here.  I feel like I should always be wearing gloves since my fingers are constantly cold and a scarf to warm my large-ish nose. 

I used to be a cold weather person.  I always said that you can always add layers, but can only take so many off.  And while that still holds true, I never used to get cold as easily as I have been this year.  I'm not sure what the difference is.  As my friend at work has said repeatedly, I'm "getting up there in age" and it's a common problem of the elderly. (This from a man who is a whopping five years younger than I am and hobbles around like an 80-year-old because of his bad back.)  Personally, I'd like to think it's because I've lost some of my insulation.  Not so much blubber to warm me.  Unfortunately, the reason is probably closer to the "good natured" ribbing that my friend gives me.

I enjoy winter and snow.  I love the muffled silence when the snow falls and the beauty of the patterns in undisturbed snowdrifts.  It's just hard to get out and enjoy it when my teeth are chattering so hard that I get motion sickness when I'm standing still.  Once I get inside to warm up, it takes me forever.  I keep a chill for hours.  I can sit by the fireplace, wrap myself in a blanket, put on my knee socks and a big sweatshirt, and still be shivering on the inside.  I just can't seem to shake it.

I think this year I'm going to have to stock up on gear that makes me look like I'm getting ready to climb Mt. Everest.  And wear it around the house.  I'll have the sexy Sherpa look going on. 


Yeah, I'm never going to have sex this winter looking like that, am I?

No comments:

Post a Comment