Wednesday, February 2, 2011

it's gonna be cold, it's gonna be grey, and it's gonna last you the rest of your life

Ah, yes.  It's Groundhog Day!  It's also the day of cleanup after the "huge" blizzard of 2011.  There was no school today, and for good reason - we had 10 inches of light blowy snow that was creating white-out conditions that nobody should be driving in.  I just received a call from the school system that school is being called off tomorrow as well due to "weather and road conditions."  The roads have been plowed, the wind chills are going to be pretty low tonight, but that's tonight - not tomorrow.  I don't quite get it.  Wusses.

I will be headed back to work tomorrow leaving my husband to deal with the snow-day-happy kid who wants to play video games all day, go outside every great once-in-a-while, and basically test his patience on a never-ending basis.  I would gladly stay at home with them if I didn't have to use a vacation or sick day.  Oh well.  I have a feeling this is one day our son wouldn't mind living over and over again...well, that is if we had his favorite pizza and he won every Halo battle.  Happy snow day.....again.

No comments:

Post a Comment