Monday, December 20, 2010

how to lose six pounds in six hours

It's not fun and I do not recommend it to my friends, but it's what happened to me on Saturday night.  I don't know if it was something that I ate or some sort of stomach virus, but it hit me hard.  From the hours of 6pm to 11pm, I made my residence on our bathroom floor, writhing in agony.  I haven't thrown up in years, and I have to say, I haven't missed it.  Yup - it was a both-ender dear friends.  It was not pretty. 

Not to go into any horrific details (or maybe it's too late)  I'll just say that after I was finally able to stand up long enough to weigh myself just out of curiosity, figuring I might have lost 3lbs or so, I was shocked to find that I had in fact gone down 6 lbs from what I weighed that morning.  And this was at night - so I probably weighed even more than that when it all started.  So, I finally hit that 30 pound mark from when I started losing weight back in February.  Not quite the way I wanted to, but...

As I'm writing this on Monday afternoon, I still haven't eaten much of anything.  Occasional toast, a banana here and there.  I could probably try for something a little more substantial, but I don't want to chance it yet.  I'm tired, dizzy, spacey and have a blue-tinged tongue due to the Gatorade I've been sipping on all day.  If this was a virus I'm probably still contagious, but these people still need their reports.  Priorities you know.  As long as my son doesn't get hit with it, all will be better soon.

By the way...I really have no idea how people with bulimia can do this...on purpose. 

No comments:

Post a Comment