Tuesday, December 28, 2010

2010: the year that was....eh

I've been reading friends' posts about their lives in 2010.  The exciting news, moves, promotions, babies, etc.  My year was not so exciting.  In all honesty, I have had to go back through my blog posts and photos to remember exactly what went on this year, and now I understand why I don't remember it.  It was basically a whole lotta nuthin'.  So, now I'll try to make it sound exciting....

January:  A fantastic month of...um...winter.  It was January, it was cold, and I had another birthday.

February:  Our annual trip to a waterpark resort.  We were warm, it was snowing outside.  After having to buy a tent of a swimsuit for the trip, I decided it was time to get serious about losing weight.  Once we returned from the trip, that's exactly what I did.

March: The snow started to thaw and I started to walk a few times a week.  Another St. Patty's day came and went with no celebration.

April/May:  Spring months filled with spring stuff.  Hiking, walking, getting outside, etc.  It was muddy and getting warmer.

June:  Ooh - this was an eventful month!  Went with my son to the zoo where I witnessed feline fornication, then a couple of days later, my dad had a heart attack.  Kind of what one would consider a roller coaster kind of month.

July:  It got hot out...very hot, and we went to the Renaissance Faire in the midst of the heat.  Somewhere during the month, we had the 4th of July and a few other assorted free festivals.  Huzzah.

August:  Still hot outside.  Went to the drive-in theater.  My son got a year older.  Started doing a little bit of running with my walks.

September:  School started, fall was in the air.  I like fall.  Travelled around the county taking pictures for no reason.  Went to some place full of crazies called the Sci-Fi Cafe.  Too scary to ever go back.

October:  October's always been my favorite month of the year.  Lots of fall colors, great temps, no mosquitoes.  The hubby got a year older and we celebrated another wedding anniversary by eating at a chain restaurant.  Woo hoo!  Halloween scary-movie-watching Happiness, and I started on my quest to run.

November:  Tornadoes followed by bitter wind chills and a tasty turkey dinner.

December:  Snow, shopping, Christmas, another New Years Eve at home while the hubby's at work...

And so that's how the year went.  It wasn't bad, it wasn't terrific.  We stayed close to home for the most part.  I lost 25-30 lbs since February (depending on when I weigh myself), and for the most part, we've been pretty happy.  Happy is good...a little excitement would be better.  Bring on 2011!


1 comment:

  1. 25-30 POUNDS?! You go, girl! I am SO PROUD of you! Keep up the great work! (And also work on going someplace other than a chain restaurant for your anniversary.)(Just saying.)

    ReplyDelete