Thursday, July 29, 2010

dreams of the insane

Another night of strange images floating through my mind as I slept.  These weren't brought on by the ingestion of the pink and white Benadryl evil as in this previous post, nor were they quite as plentiful, but they were still oh so odd.  Again, I have to write these down so I remember them.  I have lost some of it already, but I'll put down what I remember. 

The first thing I can remember is being in the house I grew up in and walking into our upstairs bathroom, when all of the sudden I hear a voice right next to my ear, loudly whispering things like, "Get the hell out of here," and other pleasantries like that.  I look quickly look around, there's nobody there, but I already knew that because I knew the house was haunted.  I just wanted it to stop and I started screaming at the top of my lungs.  I'm talking horror movie "oh my god, he's coming at me with an axe" scream.  And I kept screaming and screaming until someone came up and literally dragged me out of the room.  I'm amazed that I wasn't screaming out loud for my hubby to hear.

Then somehow I ended up going to a party with my family, even though I was still shaken up about the whole voice by my head thing.  This party was being thrown by my friend and his wife, but apparently they were either late getting everything ready or all of their guests showed up early, because they were still cleaning the house.  They weren't even ready themselves yet - not quite dressed all the way (yet still dressed enough - nothing R-rated here).  The oddest part of it all was that my friend was wearing a heart monitor.  This wasn't any old heart monitor though - this had big black electrodes on it that were strapped together by thick black elastic bands.  To top it off, the lovely big black electrodes weren't just placed on the torso where you would normally find them, they were also stuck on his neck and his face, creating some sort of steampunk or Borg gear.  It was lovely!

The party went on, full of people I didn't know, and crap...it's starting to escape me now... Oh, I remember walking in on some chick using the bathroom.  Then boom, I think all of the sudden we were in a city, and then the party disappeared.  I was alone on a street corner in my dream's version of Chicago, completely lost, waiting for a parade to pass by and desperately trying to get to my family.  Annnndddd....UGH!  Now the rest of it is gone.

If there was a full moon, I could understand the oddness of them.  If I had had a lot to drink or took medicine before bed, I would have understood it, but there was none of that.  I think I'm starting to lose my mind...and I'm going to let you read about all the fun things that happen on the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment