I have breasts.
Doesn't really surprise you, does it? I'm a woman of childbearing age, I have some meat on my bones, therefore...I have breasts. Fortunately for me, they're also on the larger average size. I enjoy them being this size. Not too small, not too large. They look good under clothing, give me a nice figure, and don't quite strain the buttons on my blouses. For the most part...I'm pretty dang happy with them.
I also have a longish neck and broadish shoulders, so clothing with a lower neckline looks quite becoming on me, if I do say so myself. So what do decent-sized breasts and low-cut shirts equal? Cleavage, of course!
I need to ask some of my male friends exactly what they find so appealing about seeing, but not really seeing someone's breasts. What part of the cleavage is it that they are attracted to - the tops of the breasts, or the space between them? They're just fat and mammary glands - what's so sexy about that? Why is it so hard to look away from the cleavage? Is it like women and sparkly jewelry? "Must. look. at. boobs." I do know some men - usually the married ones - who have trained themselves to keep their eyeballs focused on anything but the breasts. Sometimes it's kind of obvious and I chuckle silently to myself, but I applaud them for their efforts.
I am not offended when a man looks at my chest. In fact, I usually find it amusing. (I say "usually" because if it is one of my bosses or some dirty, toothless, drooling man, I get quite creeped out.) If they want to get their jollies by looking at something that's just there naturally, go right ahead - as long as they make some effort to look me in the eye a couple of times and aren't staring at them like zombies (again, the creepy factor). I don't find it degrading or feel as though I'm being objectified. Like I said - I think it's some sort of natural thing. To try to stop that would be like trying to stop mosquitos from being attracted to bug zappers.
As long as everyone plays nice, I can keep wearing the shirts I feel comfortable wearing and we can keep this cycle going. Yes, that's right - I'm only here to help!
Generally, if I ever catch a man looking at my chest, it's in a frantic "does she HAVE any boobs?" kind of way. I cannot relate to this post. Sorry.
ReplyDelete