Saturday, February 27, 2010

1985 - the year in movies

I just took a look at a list of release dates from 1985 and realized just how many movies from that year have stuck with me. What an awesome year for entertainment! Here is a list of some of my favorites from that great year 25 years ago. Oh heck - I'll throw in some of my not-so-favorite ones too just to see if you remember them...

The Breakfast Club
Vision Quest
Baby: Secret of the Lost Legend
The Care Bears Movie
Girls Just Want to Have Fun
Ladyhawke
Just One of the Guys
Private Resort
Gotcha
Brewster's Millions
Rambo: First Blood Part Two
Fletch
The Goonies
D.A.R.Y.L.
Cocoon
Return To Oz
Red Sonja
St Elmo's Fire
Back to the Future
Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome
Explorers
The Legend of Billie Jean
The Man With One Red Shoe
The Black Cauldron
Pee Wee's Big Adventure
Weird Science
Real Genius
The Bride
Better Off Dead
Teen Wolf
Agnes of God
The Journey of Natty Gann
Always
Remo Williams: The Adventure Begins
Once Bitten
White Nights
Spies Like Us
A Chorus Line
Jewel of the Nile
Clue
The Color Purple
Enemy Mine

All of these movies in just one span of twelve months. These are classics! I could go on quoting almost every one of these, but I would take up way too much cyberspace. Maybe I'll have to start a weekly posting celebrating a great 1985 movie each week...?

No comments:

Post a Comment