Monday, February 8, 2010

it's monday and i'm in a good mood...danger!

I woke up when my alarm went off at 5:50 this morning and actually got my ass out of bed. On a Monday, this is unheard of. I usually stay in bed for another half an hour to get the most out of my comfy-bed-experience. Today, I decided to be a good girl, got up, got going, was in a good mood and didn't even mind ironing my clothes in a hurry. I'm wondering if my husband slipped me some sort of happy pill in my sleep last night.

Trying to figure out what might be the cause of this apparent bliss is quite difficult. Actually, there are things that are making me happy, but I wouldn't think that any single one of them would be able to override the dismal pit of life that is a Monday morning. Could it be the combination of things - the birth of a best friend's son, the thought of an upcoming vacation, the Saint's victory at the Super Bowl? Perhaps...

The happy perky me made it all the way through getting my son ready for school and getting myself ready for work and as soon as I walked in the door, I could feel it quickly being sucked out of me. "No, no...this will not happen!" I said to myself. So, I proceeded to walk into my office and shut the door behind me in hopes of blocking out the good-vibe-sucking-nastiness coming from everywhere around me. A success for the most part. All I have to say to all the grumpy people today is, "Snap the hell out of it, or I'm gonna slap you upside the head!"

No comments:

Post a Comment