Laissez les bons temps rouler people!
I swear I'm working in some sort of happiness-sucking zone here.
Everyone's bitchy, crabby, grumpy, and all-around foul. I would much rather be down in the midst of the revelers in New Orleans. Nope, never been there, but I'm sure they're a much happier group of people than the group I'm stuck with. Silence, frowns, and whispering behind doors is the way our office is celebrating Fat Tuesday. Granted, I certainly don't want to see these people flashing anything, but will a smile or a laugh really kill you? I doubt it would even hurt.
I swear I'm working in some sort of happiness-sucking zone here.
Everyone's bitchy, crabby, grumpy, and all-around foul. I would much rather be down in the midst of the revelers in New Orleans. Nope, never been there, but I'm sure they're a much happier group of people than the group I'm stuck with. Silence, frowns, and whispering behind doors is the way our office is celebrating Fat Tuesday. Granted, I certainly don't want to see these people flashing anything, but will a smile or a laugh really kill you? I doubt it would even hurt.Sigh. Anyway, Fat Tuesday seems to be living up to its name in my world. Not becaue of what I'm eating this particular day, but because of the poundage I've packed on over the past few months. I certainly wouldn't be flashing anyone this year myself! Swimsuit shopping last weekend was one of the most depressing things I've done in a looong time. So, after my family's little getaway next month, where I'm sure to be eating a bunch of junk, I'm cracking down and taking drastic measures to get rid of this excess blubber. (You see, if I write this for the whole world to see, I really have to do it.) So there it is!
This week I will be indulging in my mother's New Orleans cuisine - meat pies, jambalaya, crab bisque. (Funny, she's lived in WI her whole life) At the beginning of next week I will be drinking margaritas by the pool and sharing pizza and ice cream with my son. Looks like Fat Tuesday is going to last a little bit longer than a day.
Anyway, live it up today. Don't let the extra weight around your midsection or those nasty evil peeps at the office get you down. Let the good times roll mofo's!
No comments:
Post a Comment