I love being a parent - don't get me wrong - but there are only so many hours of cartoons I can watch in a week. On a weekly basis I'm subjected to Bakugan, Super Hero Squad, Ben 10, Iron Man, various incarnations of Scooby Doo, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (or as they're now called for those kids with short attention spans "TMNT"), and different generations of Transformers. That's just the half-hour long shows that I'm talking about...I'm not even mentioning the movies. There are those rare examples of animated movies that make me laugh. I enjoyed "Cloudy With A Chance of Meatballs" and "Up," but these horrid direct to DVD terribly made sequels that don't even have the same voices as the originals can be deemed some sort of punishment for the parents. "Mom didn't spend enough time playing a board game with me today - now we have to watch 'Happily Never After 2'"
I guess there's really no point to this post, but I'm trying to stay awake while my son and hubby are watching "Atlantis 2" Yes - direct to DVD without the real voices. I'm just trying to figure out what I did to deserve it today...
No comments:
Post a Comment