Wednesday of what feels like one of the longest weeks so far in recorded history and I feel like I've been run over by a truck full of farm animals. I'm sitting upright, but I feel like I could fall asleep any moment, my eyes burn, my back is screaming at me - is this my body rejecting the idea of becoming 35? (Okay - the back is probably from sleeping on the couch for a couple of hours last night...)
I just made the mistake of looking at the clock and realized that I've only been here for an hour so far - why does it feel like 3? Am I stuck in some strange sci-fi time warp/wormhole/continuum mumbo jumbo? Oh how I wish I could make the time go faster...or at least get a little more energy to deal with it.
How to deal with it? Nap! Curl up under my desk and doze off for a little while. Wait - no...I don't know what's living in the carpet. That would be bad. Listen to upbeat music. Okay - I just had "Daydream Believer" on the ol' iPod, and that didn't seem to do anything. You can't get much perkier than the damn Monkees!
Sigh Okay, this is crazy... can someone please come over here and entertain me?
Would it help if I dress like Wayne Newton and sing Vegas show tunes to you?
ReplyDeleteHmmm...as long as there's no "Loving You." That song would put me to sleep right away.
ReplyDeletemy glistening sweaty dyed black hair would make up for it...
ReplyDelete