It was a great experience: the tailgating, the camaraderie, the look on my husband's face when he saw the stadium. I couldn't stop smiling because I could see just how happy he was. We entered the stadium and found our seats and were amazed at how close everything was. When you see a game on TV, it looks like everything is so huge and so far away, but that's not the case at all. Again - he was in total awe.
The teams warmed up on the field and exited so they could begin the introductions of the players. It was pretty dang cool. The bulk of the team ran out at once, and then they started introducing the more well-known members one by one. It was then that I got kind of bummed because my dear Clay Matthews was out with an injury and may or may not be there to watch from the sidelines. I hadn't seen him during warm-ups and there was no sign of him yet, so I kind of doubted I'd luck out. *sigh*
![]() |
| The team takes the field. |
I had very few doubts about it, but because the rain was falling and it was in the lower 40's, I probably wouldn't have any definitive proof because he would keep that hood up all afternoon and there would be no blond hair to be seen. But there was one little thing I forgot...The National Anthem. Everyone please stand and remove your hats for the singing of our National Anthem. No hats = no hoods.
It's him! It's him! Ohmygodohmygodohmygod!
Somehow my brain became that of a teenage girl and I could see myself jumping up and down, wanting to leave my husband in the stands, run down onto the sideline which was conveniently right in front of me and make a complete fool out of myself asking for an
Of course, that's not to say that I didn't glance down at the sidelines from time to time to see where he was and what he was doing. He spent a lot of time looking
![]() |
| What? I'm not obsessed. |






Thanks for the GB blog! Made me laugh and cry. We lost my Dad in 2011 and he was a HUGE (I MEAN HUGE!!!) GB Packer fan!! My sister took him to a game there once and I can only imagine his reaction was similar to yours over Clay!!! In a couple weeks my son is turning 16 and he is going to Giants Stadium to see the GB game (we don't like the Giants even though we live in NJ) and a friend GOD BLESS HER gave him tickets to private box seats!! I imagine my Dad will be there watching over and enjoying the game with my son, that sort of stuff keeps me going and so do your blogs!! God bless you!!
ReplyDeleteTyna K.
Thank you so much for taking the time to comment and for sharing such a great memory of your dad. I hope your son has a wonderful time at the game!
DeleteWhat a wonderful birthday!!!!
ReplyDeleteI'm so glad we were able to do it for him. :)
Delete