Ren·ais·sance [ren-uh-sahns, -zahns, -sahns, ren-uh-sahns, -zahns, -sahns]
noun
(lowercase) a renewal of life, vigor, interest, etc.; rebirth; revival: a moral renaissance.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Remember that funk that I was talking about before? It actually lasted quite some time. It started long before I posted that entry, but I hadn't really realized it. Looking back at some of my posts before that one, I can see it.
I let myself go, not caring, no direction, no goal, just getting by.
I had stopped exercising, stopped meditating, ate anything and everything without a second thought about carbs or calories or cholesterol, sat around the apartment after work doing nothing. I was becoming a sloth.
Then I saw what was going on. I gained 15 pounds from the lowest weight I had been at which was about this same time last year. 15 pounds! I tried running again and where I was once able to run 5 miles, I could barely make it around the block. I wasn't happy. Not with myself, my job, what I was doing (or not doing) with my life so after a short amount of time dwelling in self-pity, I came to a decision:
On Tuesday, I will be starting over. My own renaissance. I will be exercising every morning again - I am so looking forward so kicking my own ass once again before heading to the office. I have updated my resume and will actively pursue the search for a new way to spend 8.5 hours per weekday. I will be meditating daily. I will be drastically lowering my carb intake and watching my portion sizes again. I will be cutting way back on my alcohol - limiting it to weekends only. I'm thinking I should be able to lose that 15 pounds again in 2 to 3 months. Thankfully my awesome husband will be doing the same so we'll be able to help each other along the way. Oh - and I had a good length of my hair chopped off. Perhaps symbolic, perhaps just in need of a change.
I'm putting this out there so I know that people have seen it and will hold me accountable. I'm pretty good at doing something once I have a goal - I just needed that goal to work towards. Bear with me as I post from time to time on my progress and please...I could use all the encouragement I can get. That self-confidence level is in need of a boost again. :)
Here comes Rebecca version 3.0

:) I cut my hair, too. Symbolic - Yes!! Welcome Rebecca 3.0!!
ReplyDeleteThank you, friend! Hopefully I'll run into you sometime so I can see your shorter cut. Perhaps I should start hanging out at Starbucks...
Delete