Thursday, October 11, 2012

the woes of a thursday morning

Thursday mornings and I haven't gotten along for quite some time now.  No specific reason, but the day has it out for me.  I usually end up getting to work late(...er than usual) or have wardrobe malfunctions or get behind some extremely slow farm machinery on my way to work.  This morning was no different.  I got up, did my workout, picked out a fun and sassy outfit to wear to work and got ready.  Unfortunately because it's a Thursday, the forces of nature decided to annoy me to no end and I was left dealing with the following:

My skirt keeps riding up.

My awesome knee-high boots have developed a squeak that makes it sound like I'm walking on a creaky wooden peg leg.

I have rug burn on my elbows and knees.

The combination of these minor complaints makes me sound like a lady of ill repute, but I can assure you neither my financial situation nor my sex life have become that desperate to turn me in that direction.  Let me explain...the skirt it about 4 sizes too small and therefore moves upwards so that it fits me without cutting off the circulation to my legs.  The waist is sitting somewhere around my navel...you know, like mom jeans.  The boots are work appropriate but funky.  The rug burn is from my morning workout.  A lot of floor work this morning...and I exercise on carpet.

So I am not a prostitute, but I'm sure we have some of the same Thursday morning problems.  Thankfully these are probably the only problems we share.  Knowing this makes my Thursday morning a little brighter.

No comments:

Post a Comment