Friday, October 19, 2012

the rants i never post


There have been so many times on Facebook when I've written out a rant and then decided not to hit "Post" because I figure I'm basically preaching to the choir.  Almost all of my friends are above juvenile behavior and for the most part it's the friends of friends comments that get me riled up - they wouldn't see my rants anyway.  Why bother?  But, because I still need to vent my virtual frustrations, you get to be the lucky folk to read my latest rant. 

Dear apparent 10-year-olds who were actually born before 1985:  The President's name is Barack Obama.  Not O-blame-a, Obummer, Odummy (really?), etc.  Yes, his middle name is Hussein. Is that his fault? Many people are forced to use initials only because of their hatred of the mysteriously picked middle name forced upon them.  Do you think poor Richard Tiffany Gere loved writing out his full name?  Or Kiefer William Frederick Dempsey George Rufus Sutherland?  How did he fit that on a scantron test?  And Mitt Romney - He's not Mittens or R Money or Flip Flopney.  If you're going to post a four paragraph political rant and want to be taken seriously thereby keeping your readers' attention and possibly changing minds (*cough* good luck *cough*) then speak like a freaking adult!

Did you know there are websites that list the candidates nicknames?  No lie!  There's the Pretty Exhaustive Obama Nickname List and this list of 85 Romney nicknames found in internet searches.  Some are pretty creative, some are extremely offensive.  Most are just plain dumb.

Sometimes I wonder what these people teach their kids about bullying and name calling...if anything.  Rant over.  Enjoy your day!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment