Tuesday, June 5, 2012

what i'd rather be doing

I have a crapload of reports I should be working on, but I just can't focus on them.  I start one, glance at something online or go into some daydream, then it takes me 15 minutes to get back on task.  I guess that's what one would call easily distracted or completely unmotivated or a combination of them both.

SQUIRREL!!
I don't know what's caused it - maybe the full moon, maybe just boredom with my job.  How to combat it?  I suppose I could close out the internet, put a huge pile of papers in front of me to show me just how much I need to do as some strange form of motivation, but I've decided to compile a list of things I'd rather be doing instead.  These are things that would be possible, not the fantastical things like Vacation in Rome.  I mean, things like that are just given...
  • Reading in the sun while working on my summer color.  Actually I did a bit of this during lunch, but it's hard to get a good tan in work clothes.
  • Having lunch with some friends.  And laughing.
  • Preparing a pinhole camera to see Venus in Transit
  • Hiking.  Preferably with at least one other person for fear of abduction
  • Sex  (Duh)
  • Listening to a lecture about anything.  At this point, I think anything different would be better than these things.
  • Watching The Avengers again and gorging on buttery popcorn and a small soda.  That's how I roll.
  • Looking at pictures of men I have schoolgirl crushes on and escaping into a little fantasy world, but not while I'm at work
  • Going out and taking meaningless pictures of things I see every day, but at different angles
  • Singing along with the radio.  I'm feeling silly, so how about some 80's classics?
Okay, back to it.  For another 10 minutes.  Until I start thinking about something else again.

No comments:

Post a Comment