Tuesday, June 12, 2012

what my dreams are telling me

I have had the most screwed-up dreams over the past couple of weeks.  I have no clue why or what's going on.  At first I thought it was the full moon, then thought maybe it was the whole Venus transit thing, but now we're past those and I'm at a loss for an excuse.  Figuring that my subconscious must be trying to tall me something, I've decided to consult the all-knowing interweb to tell me what my inner self apparently wants the rest of me to know. 

I remember parts of a dream that I had on Sunday night, so let's dissect that one, shall we? 

For some reason, I'm on a large spaceship (1).  Something along the size of an Imperial Cruiser.  Wait, no, larger than that.  Probably the size of the bigger one here:

According to Wookieepedia, this is a Super Star Destroyer.
It also tells you exactly what it's fitted with, how many rooms, etc.
Who comes up with this stuff?  And why?

I have no idea what I was doing there or how I somehow shifted to the next scene...

My son and I were in the middle of some town in the middle-east.  Apparently there was some sort of war (2) going on (big surprise), bombs going off all around us, total chaos.  I got him away from that town, but had to get us on a plane (3) which we were about to miss (4), and I couldn't find our tickets (5) or our ID (6).  I was absolutely frantic trying to find them so I could get my son to safety...and then I woke up.


(1) Spaceship: To see a spaceship in your dream symbolizes your creative mind. It denotes a spiritual journey into the unknown and signals self-development and self-awareness. Alternatively, the dream suggests that you need to take on a different perspective, no matter how bizarre or unusual it may be.  

(2) War: To dream of a war signifies disorder and chaos in your waking life You are experiencing some internal conflict or emotional struggle which is tearing you up inside. Alternatively, the dream indicates that you are either being overly aggressive or that you are not being assertive enough. Perhaps you need to be prepared to put up a fight in some area of your life. 

(3) Airplane: To dream that you miss your flight indicates that you are feeling helpless and trapped by some situation. You feel that you are being held back, either physically or mentally. Alternatively, the dream may also suggest that you are feeling disconnected in some aspect of your life - work, relationship or home life.


(4) Late: To dream that you are late signifies your fear of change and your ambivalence about seizing an opportunity. You may feel unready, unworthy, or unsupported in your current circumstances. Additionally, you may be overwhelmed or conflicted with decisions about your future. Time is running out and you no longer have time to accomplish all the things you want. Alternatively, being late in your dream could be telling you that it is better late than never. 

(5) Losing a ticket: Denotes confusion and ambiguity in the direction of your life
 (6) ID: To dream that you lose your I.D. denotes confusion about your own self-identity and your sense of individuality.


So, what does this teach us about what my subconscious mind is telling me?  Let's see...

I have a very creative mind and should use it to look at things with a different perspective.  I have quite a bit of inner conflict going as I feel trapped and helpless, but at the same time fear change.  I'm confused about who I really am and the direction my life is going, but time is running out to make those changes.

Well, shit.

This was supposed to be completely wrong and funny, but it seems to be spot on. 

So, for me to get back to nice, pleasant, sunshine, rainbows and sex dreams I either have to get my life the way I want it or medicate myself.  I think the medication would probably be easier...



2 comments:

  1. I think it means you've been at the same dead-end job for far too long and you fear time is running out but you're afraid of a change because sometimes the crap we know is safer than the unknown. (But you already knew all of that.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The dreams haven't stopped. (I think the fact that I didn't even get a 3% raise after a stellar review hasn't helped matters.) I've decided to really take some time to figure out what I need to do, because these problems aren't going to fix themselves. I started my search, but I'm not finding any answers that scream "Yes! This is me!" but it's only day 1.

      Delete