Thursday, May 24, 2012

a simple list

This is just a little list of things that I want to have or have happen.  I don't ask for much...usually.

  1. A cheap alcohol that doesn't give me a headache.  Why is this such a hard thing to find?
  2. One of those soul-bearing conversations where you start opening up and just keep going until it all comes out.  Then you feel 20 times lighter and you say, "I can't believe I just said all that," but it's okay because it's with one of your best friends and they don't judge - they just understand.
  3. Any manager at work to offer to buy me a cup of coffee the same way they ask the other managers, or ask me if I want something from one of the places they take hour-and-a-half lunches at, or bring in a treat for the whole office.  They have the money to do it...I don't.
  4. A day to myself where I can watch whatever I want to watch or have the TV off all day, I can listen to music, sing along, dance, meditate, read, nap....mine to do with as I please.
  5. A body like Peta Murgatroyd.  I mean, come on! 
  6. I want her body.
    Wait..not like that.
  7. Speaking of coffee, a white chocolate mocha, no whip, sounds really good right now.  I want one of those too.
  8. A vacation paid for by someone else.  Obviously this is the only way I'm going to be taking one any time soon.
  9. A new wardrobe - of course, this should probably wait until after I have the body as shown above.  I wouldn't want to spring for a new wardrobe now only to have to turn around and do it again when I'm a size 2.  Ha!  What am I talking about?  My hip bones would never fit into a 2.  Let's go with a 4.  And that weight loss would have to be instantaneous because I don't want to have to waste money buying the sizes in between. 
  10. Laughter.  Belly-aching, cheek-straining laughter.  I chuckle, I giggle.  I want a good laugh.
  11. To be in control of time.  It should speed up when I want it to, slow down when things are good, and sometimes even stand still.  Why hasn't anyone figured this trick out yet?
  12. For everyone to be happy.  Is that really too much to ask for? 

No comments:

Post a Comment