Tuesday, April 17, 2012

unsolved mystery...or is it

You might remember the plight I have, how I bruise easily and wake up with black and blue marks without knowing how they ever got there.  You know - gnome attacks

Well, this morning as I was shampooing my hair, my fingers hit a spot on the back of my head that was extremely tender.  It was just one largish spot in the middle of the back of my head.  How the hell did that get there?  I didn't remember hitting my head on anything yesterday.  It wasn't in a spot that the gnomes could get to - that's the part of my head that's usually on my pillow. 
Confused, I went on about my merry way with my daily activities.  You know, getting ready for work, getting in late, sitting on my butt all day, etc.  While doing all of this, I've been racking my brain trying to figure out how this tender spot got there. 

Maybe my husband walloped me in our sleep.  He was doing quite a bit of dreaming and moving around and elbowed me in the spine at one point last night.  Maybe I can blame it on him.

Or maybe someone snuck into our place while I was sleeping, chloroformed me, dragged me out of bed, whacked me on the back of the head, hung out for a while (they apparently didn't feel like taking anything), maybe watched a movie, put me back in bed and left.

I don't know.  It's a mystery...another freaking enigma bruise.

15 minutes later...

Yeah.  So.  I just went to pull my hair up in a ponytail and figured out the mystery. 

I had my hair up after I got home last night.

I was tired and was lounging in a chair for a good part of the night with my head resting right where my ponytail was.  I had a rubber band pressing into the back of my head for a couple of hours.

I have a bruise because I'm a lazy bum.

Okay...going to forget this ever happened now.

No comments:

Post a Comment