Anyway, my week last week was incredibly hectic. Long, extremely busy hours at work, meetings, more work, and then I'd come home do a bunch of chores and running around and crash right as it was time for me to go to bed.
This week, on the other hand, is the exact opposite. There isn't a single thing going on. No tasks, no projects, no annoying phone calls...nothing. I find myself going from website to website searching for something to pique my interest, but come up short. I'd love to read this book that I've had in my bag for a couple of weeks, but that's a huge no-no. If I could only find a way to get the book onto my computer screen (no I can't do the Kindle thing here).
Click, scroll, sigh, click, back, click, sigh, sip water, scroll, click, look at clock, sigh, back...
I've tried listening to podcasts that would teach me things, take me to new places, make me laugh, but it won't help the fact that I need to look busy. And to top it all off, I can barely even hear what's being said over the constant noise coming from our HVAC system. If I were to turn it up loud enough so that I could understand what's being said, the whole office would get to listen to the podcast too. For some reason, I doubt they'd enjoy that.
So I sit here, listening to the same tired old music that I've been listening to for the past few years (with a few minor additions and subtractions) clicking around for a half-hour or so, getting up to stretch my legs that don't seem to like to sit for long periods of time anymore, walking to the cafeteria, finding nothing low-carb that I can snack on, and walking back where it all starts again.
Click, scroll, sigh, click, back, click, sigh, sip water, scroll, click, look at clock, sigh, back...
Then the time finally arrives where I can go home. Hooray! I zone out on my 15-minute drive and as I pull into my garage, I wonder how I got there. I go in, say my hellos, get the updates from the male-folk, change, make dinner, eat, then I find that the empty brain death follows me home from work and I stare blankly at a TV or computer monitor for a couple of hours and go to bed.
Then it starts again the next day.
I'm hoping this doesn't last the rest of the week. My functioning brain cells might revolt or run away or kill themselves. I kind of like my brain...don't want that to happen.
Must. snap. out. of. it.
But how?


No comments:
Post a Comment