As you know already, I'm a True Blood watcher. Unfortunately this season has been a bit disappointing for me. I'm not really sure why my feelings about it have changed. Possibly the branching off into too many different directions, possibly the fact that there's too much time in-between seasons and I've lost some interest, or possibly it's the fact that my dear Eric (played by Alexander Skarsgard) is no longer as appealing to me as he once was.
When the show began, he was a long-haired Scandinavian Viking bad-boy.
| Now, this is a vampire I'd be happen to be bitten by. |
Once the second season came around, they cut his hair, but he was still bad...very, very bad - and built.
| There's nothing I don't like about this picture. |
By the third season, he was losing the edge and going all metro-sexual wearing suits and toning down the bad-boy and getting all lovey-dovey, but there was still a glimmer of the naughty side and I could still say "yummy" from time to time.
| Eh - not so much |
This season, the nastiness is gone (so far anyway), the build seems to be gone, and Mr. Skarsgard is beginning to look the way he did back in Zoolander:
Okay, maybe not that bad...but still!
I was just beginning to lose all hope, when I was perusing Pop Candy as I do every weekday morning, and Whitney had a link to this interview with Alexander Skarsgard in (appropriately enough) Interview Magazine. When I was greeted by this picture, my glimmer of hope came back:
I have regained my faith in the fact that he can still be a bad boy when asked to do so. I just hope that this season asks for it. As I've said before, vampires should play with their food and enjoy it - Eric was the perfect example of that. If it ends up getting all Twilighty and sappy love trianglish, I'm out. At least I'll have these pictures to look back at to remember what could have been.
No comments:
Post a Comment