Insomnia is a bitch. There's no nice way to put it. I fell asleep quite easily last night. After a very long day at work doing tedious data entry and an even longer night at home alone with a son who was prohibited from playing video games for the night and couldn't understand why playing baseball on the Wii or arcade games on the laptop would still be classified as a video game (sigh - I believe male brain damage is beginning to kick in already), I figured I'd get a great night's sleep - no problem. But noooooo. I woke up around 3am and could not fall back to sleep. Well, not until half an hour before my alarm went off anyway, and that half hour of sleep provided the strangest of little mini-dreams.
First, I was in a choir room with a bunch of people, some of whom I knew from my past and others complete strangers. We were rehearsing something and all of the sudden, the choir director starts sobbing and going on about something that happened on facebook (?!). While some people went up to console him, I stood there crying and hugging the person next to me who was an acquaintance in school, but nothing more than that. Then the director disappeared, I wondered where he went and then
Flash to me waking up and looking at every clock in our bedroom (apparently we have 5) and not being able to read the time. I don't know if I'm late for work, I feel like I'm late for work, I'm panicking and decide to get up and look at a clock in another room and then
Flash to a completely different room full of people I knew from high school - mostly acquaintances again from classes other than my own. Music was playing, people were having a good time, and then all of the sudden someone walks up next to me. I turn and look and say, "Oh, hey Tony." Yup, it was Tony Soprano. I guess he went to my high school and I never realized it. He gets behind me and starts grinding into me to the beat of the music. I laugh and walk away. (I guess this version of Tony doesn't get everything he wants) Then people decide to have a shot in honor of someone - can't remember who. I walk to get my glass, pick it up, toast with this guy a couple of classes ahead of me who I thought was really hot in high school, put the shot glass up to my lips, and then
My alarm goes off.
Thirty minutes of sleep = a whole lotta unnecessary insanity in my brain, and feeling stressed out over stuff that never really happened. I think I would have been better off staying awake the whole time. Oh well, now I have an excuse to buy strong Starbucks coffee this morning instead of drinking the free watered-down stuff that they call "coffee" in the cafeteria. I guess that's a plus for my morning.
No comments:
Post a Comment