I think most of us hope to be an inspiration to people in some way, don't we? Inspiration can mean many things: the model to be come a better person, someone to look up to, a person who brings out something you never knew you had inside you, or even a muse.
I would love to be all of those things, but sometimes I wish - selfishly - that I could have inspired someone at some point in my life to write something beautiful. A song, a poem, a letter...something sincere, from the heart, preferably not alcohol induced. Something that I could look at or listen to when I'm having one of those bad self-image days to remind me that I have meant something to someone. Something that will be around long after I'm gone. I guess it's the artistic part of me who wrote things for other people yearning for a little creativity when it comes to someone expressing what they feel about me. I'm sure I probably have a love note from my husband from years ago packed away in a box somewhere, but young love can be pretty kitschy.
I know, it's pretty egotistical of me to wish for something like that, but at least I admit that I know it. And it's only from time to time when I'm feeling sentimental. What about you? Have you been a muse? Has anyone ever written anything for you?
The song begins at 1:47
No comments:
Post a Comment