I'm not a political person at all, but I sure do get tired of those who consider themselves political by quoting the same old tired phrases that they hear other people saying. I wonder if they even think about it or if they are blindly following.
So many times lately I've heard, "Nobody should be given an handout. If you work hard enough, you can accomplish anything." While I would agree that there are unfortunately those out there who take advantage of the system, commit fraud, etc, there are many more out there who are legitimately in need of assistance. What if the person has a legitimate disability that prevents them from holding a job? Should they be working hard to find a cure for their ailment so they can get to work and make money? How are single parents supposed to work three jobs while also taking care of their children? Yes, a person can always try to find an additional job to make money, but there are only so many hours in the day and if you have to take care of children as well as opposed to working to put your kids in day care - there's a limit. Should they be working hard to find a spouse to help bear the financial load? (And please don't assume all single parents started out as pregnant teens, there are plenty of people out there who started out with the "ideal family" image and things changed for one reason or another)
I'm sick of people being called "Loony Lefties," "Radical Right-Wingers," and the like. Come on people - I think the words loony and radical would easily apply to many people on both ends of the political spectrum out there. People who start calling people names and applying labels as soon as they disagree with their opinions obviously have no true argument and just want to sound tough. It's like the schoolyard bully who can't think of a good comeback, so they just call you a name and walk off.
I'm so tired of it all. Damn instant media and 24-hour news networks for trying to fill their time and space with sensationalistic nonsense that people actually listen to. (And damn people for being sheep) I'm hoping the political climate changes sometime soon because right now it's just embarrassing.
There. I feel a little better now. 'Nuff said.
No comments:
Post a Comment