Ah, men. I love men. True love, family, friends, people who make me laugh, think, make my heart go aflutter.
Here's to the men I heart in many different ways...the ones I know, and the ones I admire from afar...
My loving husband: Man o' my dreams, my knight in shining armor. Hubby for 14 years. Always ready to make me smile or laugh. Encourages me to explore and grow and loves me for who I am. Great father, thankfully great at math (since I'm not), takes care of me, the kid, the household. He's a protector and a man of many talents. Gotta love him.
My awesome son: Well, of course
My dad: A completely unique individual. Quiet thinker, musician, poet, writer, photographer. Taught me to be a free-thinker and for that I'll always be grateful.
My best friend: I don't see or talk to this guy nearly enough, but when I do see him it's like we only saw each other yesterday. Friends since 7th grade, he's one of the few people I can completely be myself around - he's seen me at my best and my worst and that's okay by me.
My pop-in-law and bro-in-law: The men-folk in my husband's family. Accepted me quickly into the family and for that I'll always be thankful.
My sangha friends: Smart, entertaining, thoughtful, compassionate and strong. It's great having these guys around.
My work "spouse": I think that's what he's considered these days anyway. The one person at my lousy job who I can laugh and roll my eyes with, talk to about silly 80's toys and shows and steal food from. He keeps me somewhat sane there.
The mattress guy: The poor guy who stands on the corner of the street by the strip mall, dressed in a mattress, constantly waving at the people driving past. How many people suddenly think to themselves, "Hey, I think I'll buy a new mattress today!" upon seeing him. I'm guessing maybe 1 every three months. Yet, he still stands out there every weekend.
Johnny Depp: I still don't know why. He's so not my type, but YUM! I used to hate him until I realized how many movies I loved that he starred in. Maybe I still thought of him back in his 21 Jump Street days - baby faced, trying to be a rebel just to rebel. I'm liking the good yet bad-boy, dirty pirate, great with kids combo.
Bill Murray: Come on - this guy's been making us laugh since the beginning of time, he can do a great serious role and get right back to making us laugh again. He's so out of the Hollywood game and yet he's worshipped. Gotta heart him for that.
Jon Hamm: This is a recent addition to the heart list. Yes, he's suave yet naughty on Mad Men, but he's also freaking funny! Seen him on SNL or 30 Rock? He's great! In interviews, he's honest and just like any regular guy. I could hang out with him for a day and be totally happy.
That's a whole lotta love, and I haven't even skimmed the surface. Men are awesome. Need I say more?
No comments:
Post a Comment