You know how they say the Eskimos have 400 words for snow (which is actually an urban legend - there are only about 24 in the Yup'ik language when there are a little over 40 in English, but I digress...)? Well, why aren't there more words in the English language for snot and the different manifestations thereof? Think of all of the different forms it comes in and you'll know why I bring it up:
The faucet: That constant trickle - almost like water. The kind that forces you to twist up a piece of kleenex and shove it up your nose as a last-ditch effort to save your face from some sort of snot erosion.
Nose boulders: Dry nose, dry snot. The rock-like bits of booger that stick to those little hairs in your nostrils that stab you when you try to blow.
Green slime: Kind of sums it up...thick green sludge that comes out only when blown with force.
Brick wall: Stuffy nose - no air goes in, no air goes out.
Slow leak: When you have a kind of stuffy nose, but then this teeny tiny little trickle of snot slowly tries to run out of the corner of your nostril, staying in the crease of your nose, but not really going anywhere. Just enough to be annoying.
I've had all of these in the span of 3 days. I'm sure there must be more that I'm missing...
No comments:
Post a Comment