Thursday, January 4, 2018

down with the sickness

Well, 2018 has started off with a bang. Sub-zero wind chills, a middle-schooler disguised as President tweeting the most insane remarks, and to top it all off, I got the stomach flu.

I haven't had a stomach flu in 7 years (and I only remember that because of this post). I haven't missed it. Of course, now I have my Fitbit telling me just how lethargic I've been over the past 2 days. I guess it will come in handy if anyone at work gives me grief. Oh, and the hourly reminders that I should get up and walk were not appreciated.

A whopping total of 415 steps all day! I'm guessing most of them were taken between my bed and the bathroom.

You think I got enough sleep last night?
Let me add that I believe "stomach flu" should be added as an exercise. I haven't felt my ab muscles this tight in a loooong time.

So, today I'm on the mend but still a bit meh. I have to say, I'm enjoying those everyday activities such as:
  • Drinking more than a sip at a time in hopes it doesn't come back up
  • Eating foods other than dry toast and applesauce (neither of which I enjoy)
  • Showering and applying deodorant
  • Brushing my teeth
  • Coffee? We'll see.
  • Wearing something other than pajamas. (I've upgraded to leggings)
  • Opening the blinds
  • Being upright for more than 15 minutes at a time
Let's hope that this is some sort of purification for the beginning of a new year and things look up from here.



No comments:

Post a Comment