Wednesday, April 17, 2013

son of jor-el!

The husband and I were going through a list of summer movie releases and trying to figure out which ones we were going to shell out $30 to see at the theater.  We really only go out to movies when we know that only a big screen will do them justice. 

We both said Iron Man 3 immediately and he chimed in with the new Star Trek movie, which I couldn't care less about, but that's him.  He also mentioned that he wanted to see the new Superman movie, Man of Steel.  I was completely let down by Superman Returns and have been completely leery of this new take on Supe as well. 

Until last night.

The new trailer came out and instead of little vignettes, it showed actual action and emotion and, well, I'm a little more hopeful now. 



Christopher Reeve will always be Superman to me.  It's the era I was raised in.  I had a secret crush on him for years when I was a kid.  Henry Cavill?


Yeah, I think I can make a little room for him in my vision of the ideal Superman...as long as the rest of the movie doesn't disappoint.

No comments:

Post a Comment