I am somewhat amused and disturbed by the number of posts on Facebook and Twitter abbreviating Valentine's Day to the much shorter (thanks to people's lazy fingers) and utterly disturbing "VD". I'm not sure that people even know what VD stands for. We've been living in the world of STD's for so long that they probably don't know that before people found it acceptable to use any variation of the word "Sex" they referenced Venus, hence Venereal Diseases.
In honor of this odd posting trend, I've decided to dedicate this post to some of the great VD Awareness posters of old. Man, apparently we women were evil back then. What am saying - we still are...
Watch out for those loose women, boys! If you want it clean, you'd better have to work for it.
Dang, I thought I was a "Good Time" Girl. I guess my understanding of the term isn't what it used to be. Stay clean so you can kick some Axis ass, boys!
I guess it's about as effective as jumping up and down after sex to prevent pregnancy, huh?
This one's from after World War I. I think keeping America clean shifted from VD to trash somewhere along the line...
Um...wow.
Ooh....that's a racy one for back then!
I think this one has to be my favorite though...
98% of all Procurable Women??? What classifies women as "procurable" and how did the human race ever survive if so many women were doling out so many terrible
So there you have it. My tribute. May you make it through VD without contracting a VD.







Whoaaaaa!!! These pics are absolutely baffling! They're so degrading towards women!
ReplyDeleteAnd then there are people saying feminism isn't a good thing, and that we need the traditional values back. Pah. Give me modern day society over any time! (Except when it comes to music.)
Great post!
P.S. I'm gonna tweet this post.
ReplyDelete