I suppose the fact that I bounce from movies to hot men to life situations to dreams to feeling fat and back to hot men again makes my blog pretty robust in its subject matter. I guess I am kinda versatile! Muy thanks, Sabrina!
Again, with awards come rules. (I wonder if Oscar winners have rules like these...) The rules for this one are as follows:
Rules:
1. Thank the blogger who nominated you and include a link to their site
2. Add the Versatile Blogger Award picture to your blog post
3. Nominate 7 fellow bloggers that you follow and link to their sites
4. Let them know you've nominated them
5. Share 7 random facts about you
Check #1 and #2 off of the list.
See, here's where I have problems again...nominating fellow bloggers. I read so very few and most of the few I read are specific to one topic (or have become that way), or have just kind of fizzled out, or way too large and run by big corporations that don't take awards like this. I think I need to expand my horizons a bit. Okay...a lot. Anyway, forgive me for breaking this rule. (I'm such a rebel.) I'd bestow it upon Sabrina if she hadn't given it to me in the first place.
Well, that nixes rule #4
On to #5...random facts! Geez, I'm boring. Let me see what I can come up with here:
Factoids:
1. I met two of the New Kids on the Block (Jordan & Joe) when I was a freshman in high school. I took their pictures and had Jordan autograph a picture that I had drawn of him. My friends and I were the talk of the school the next day. Hmmm...I think I'll have to write about that sometime.
2. I never got drunk until I was 21 (our legal drinking age). I was a good girl!
3. I'm nowhere near a Catholic, but I love a good high mass in Latin every once in a while (thanks to EWTN).
4. I have a fear of being near ostriches. They're too big. They're too big to be birds, they're mean and they're strong. Like little dinosaurs. I don't want to be near a dinosaur, so why would I want to be near an ostrich? Odd thing is that there's actually an ostrich farm on my way to work, so I see them every day...from a safe distance.
5. My dream job would be designing exhibits for museums. What a way to put all of my interests together in one nice little bundle.
6. I never knew either of my grandfathers. They both died years and years before I was born. Actually, both of my parents' fathers died when my parents were sophomores in high school, so I was somewhat paranoid that the same thing would happen to my dad when I was a sophomore. It didn't.
7. If I had been born a boy, my parents were going to name me Todd. Todd? I'm glad I was born a girl.
There you have it! Thanks again to Sabrina for the award. I hope I can continue to live up to it!

YOU MET JORDAN AND JOE FROM NKOTB?! Oh my god, I used to be CRAZY about NKOTB! The very first concert I went to was theirs (I was, like, 6 or 8 or something?)
ReplyDeleteThat is amazing, Rebecca. You really have to write about that some time.
I'm still looking for a way to bundle all of my interests as well.
Glad you liked the award!