- Isn't there some rule somewhere that you should never mix sports and politics? (If not, shouldn't there be?) What's with all of the political commercials during the game? Don't they realize that people are drinking heavily and that politics gets people even more riled up than football? They're asking for mucho trouble! (By the way...are we ever going to be rid of Super PACs? Political ads might be a little more tolerable without them.)
- I've always been amused by the suggestive terminology of the game. It's especially humorous when it's just about, or past, my bedtime. Talk about tight ends and penetration sends me giggling for the next 2 plays. My husband does not find my giggling amusing.
- Do we really need so many different penalties? I mean, how many different penalties do we have for players crossing the line of scrimmage? Offside, encroachment, false start...why can't they just have one penalty for any person, offense or defense, that goes before they're supposed to. The premature embarkation penalty. Simple. Done. It would be much easier for those replacement refs to remember everything. (Hands in the face? Really?)
- The hand signals for their calls crack me up. The signal for delay of game looks something like a cross between I Dream of Jeannie and a mummy. Loss of down looks like a bad dance move. There are a few that make sense though...like holding and facemask...and look like the naughty thing the player did.
- And speaking of replacement refs and hand signals, I found this fun online today.
HappyPlace.com is often full of snark and thereby linkworthy.
No, I'm not going to get into the outcome of the game. I'm a Packer fan - How do you think I feel? (In all honesty, I was tucked in bed sleeping soundly by the time the final play came about, but thanks to the internet, I got educated.) All I can say is that I hope the outrage from the officiating debacle last night and the past three weeks might wake up the NFL and get them to come to an agreement with the real officials.
In other football news...
My husband was kind enough to post this to my facebook wall the other day. How's that for love? I've never read the cheap skanky fan-fic trilogy from which this comes, nor do I want to, but if this guy was to show up at my doorstep decked out in this garb, I certainly wouldn't turn him away. Well, unless the kid was home. That might be a little awkward.
Happy football season!

No comments:
Post a Comment