Thursday, September 8, 2011

'till the po-po shut us down

I had to laugh when "TiK ToK" started playing on my iPod.  You know, the first popular song by the young lush, Ke$ha.  (The dollar sign in the middle of her name lets you know, before you even see her, that she oozes class.)  So why do I have it on my iPod?  Because it's so stupid, of course, same reason I have a few Lady Ga Ga and Britney Spears songs.  They make you bounce, but lack substance and you feel silly dancing to them. 

Anyway, this particular song always brings many questions to my mind as I'm sure it does with other people.  Maybe in the time since it was originally released people have been able to find out the answers and will enlighten me.  This is what I wonder:

"Wake up in the morning feeling like P. Diddy:"  Is this a good thing or a bad thing?  Does he wake up feeling refreshed and like the king of the world, or is he exhausted from the constant partying, name changing, fashion designing and producing, hung over and wondering who's laying next to him? 

"Before I leave, brush my teeth with a bottle of Jack:"  Is this a new dental secret?  See, I would imaging that the sugars in the whiskey would only further eat away at the enamel on your teeth - not clean away the plaque.  Sure, the alcohol might kill off some of the nasty-ass germs partying in that mouth, but I don't think it's really enough to be considered a helpful thing.  Certainly not a breath freshener...well, who knows what was in her mouth the night before.  Personally, I think too much brushing with Jack could lead to teeth looking like Jack - Captain Jack Sparrow.  Maybe that's the mom in me.

"Boys blowing up our phones:"  I would assume being a tad (ahem) younger than myself, she and her friends can't live without their phones, so why would they want boys to blow them up?  Are they those pay-ahead Wal-Mart phones?  Is it a ploy to get a better phone every few weeks?  I'll have to look into that.

"But we kick them to the curb unless they look like Mick Jagger:"  Whoa.  Mick Jagger's like...84 years old!  Is she in line to become the next Anna Nicole?  Or maybe she's talking about Mick from the 60's.  Even so...ew!  I'm sorry, I love the Stones, but some scrawny, big-lipped, skinny jeans-wearing, spastic-dancing guy isn't my cup of tea.  Maybe standards have really changed. 

While I ponder these questions, I'll sit here and oh-so-subtly bounce up and down in my seat while I consider getting a pedicure on my toes, toes.

No comments:

Post a Comment