I was writing an entry that just wasn't working for me tonight, so I decided to do something not sentimental, not sappy, not at all meaningful. Something easy and frivolous. Here it goes:
The Worst Movies I've Seen My Favorite Actors In
Yeah, this is a good one.
Okay. Favorite Actor...of course...
1) Johnny Depp. Oh, he's been in so many movies - great, good, so-so and "huh?" but the one that I'd like to forget he was ever in has to be The Astronaut's Wife.
First off, Johnny Depp is an astronaut? Um, no. And then it's some bad sci-fi Rosemary's Baby wannabe movie. It's a terrible waste of acting power, and by far the worst Johnny Depp movie I've seen. (Bear in mind I haven't made myself sit through The Tourist.)
2) John Malkovich. An odd man, but an amazing actor known for his roles in Dangerous Liaisons, Burn After Reading, and...well...Being John Malkovich. He has a very diverse filmography and though I haven't watched Jonah Hex (which I am sure would make this list if I had), he's even good in the bad movies. There is one particular movie that sticks out in my mind and I wonder if he cringes when he thinks about it - Making Mr. Right.
Oh, this was bad. When the trailer boasts that it's from the director of Desperately Seeking Susan, you know they're reaching. He's a prat-falling android who falls in love...and a double role as the cold scientist who creates him? Not the best way to break into the movies. Maybe he figured he always had the Steppenwolf Theater to fall back on.
3) Bill Murray: He's done some classics, but there have been a couple complete clunkers. Though my knee-jerk instinct would be to go with his regret from Zombieland - Garfield, I've decided to go with something that he actually shows his face in. Osmosis Jones.
While the concept of the movie was unique, it really wasn't very good. And zooming in on Bill Murray's sweaty armpit isn't something I really need to see on a movie screen...or television screen...or nightmare...
4) Gary Oldman: One of those actors who can be the bright spot in any movie, but this one was just too bad to save. I present Lost in Space.
A silly evil doctor becomes a giant spider thingy. No. Can't give him any props on this one. It's just....no.
I could add more actors to the list, but sometimes short and sweet is the way to go. Do you have any additions to the list?
No comments:
Post a Comment